Dusshera 2022: Dussehra or Vijayadashami is celebrated on the tenth day of Shukla Paksha of Ashwin month to commemorate the victory of religion over unrighteousness. This time the festival of Dussehra will be celebrated on October 05, 2022. Shardiya Navratri ends on Navami Tithi and Ravana Dahan is done on Dashami Tithi. There is also a tradition of worshiping weapons on this day. On this day Lord Shri Ram is also worshiped. So let’s know the auspicious time, method of worship, and importance.
Importance and Lessons of Dussehra
Dashanan Ravana was a great scholar and scholar, but the arrogance of his mind became the reason for his death. Dussehra tells the story of the downfall of the arrogant Ravana. This day not only shows the victory of unrighteousness over religion but also teaches a person not to be arrogant and to walk on the right path. According to religious beliefs, on the Shukla Paksha Tithi of Ashwin month, Lord Rama killed Ravana in the war. It is believed that Lord Shri Ram also invoked Shakti by worshiping Maa Durga, after which Lord Shri Ram killed Ravana on the day of Dashami. Therefore, this day is also considered for worshiping the immense power of Mother Jagdamba. According to another legend, on this day Mata Durga also killed Mahishasura.
Dussehra Auspicious Time
Ashwin month Shukla Paksha Dashami date starts – on 04 October 2022, at 2:20 pm in the afternoon
Ashwin month Shukla Paksha Dashami date ends – 05 October 2022, at 12 noon
Vijay Muhurta – 05 October 2022 from 2:13 pm to 02:54 pm
This year Dashami Tithi is starting from noon on 04 October, so Udaya Tithi will be on 05 October. So this time the festival of Dussehra will be celebrated on 05 October.
How to Worship Dussehra 2022?
- On the day of Vijayadashami, after taking bath in the morning, wearing clean clothes, worship Lord Shri Ram, Mata Sita, and Hanuman Ji.
- In the auspicious time, go near the Shami plant and light a mustard oil lamp and recite the Shami worship mantra. After this pray for victory in all directions.
- There is also a tradition of weapon worship in many homes on this day. For this, sprinkle Gangajal on a post and spread a red cloth over it.
- After that install all the weapons on him and worship with flowers, akshat, roli, incense lamps, etc.
- Along with this, worship Lord Shri Ram, Maa Saraswati, Lord Ganesha, Hanuman Ji, and Mata Durga.
- On the day of Vijay Dashami, ten balls or balls of cow dung are also made. Plant barley in them and give an incense lamp.
The killing of Ravana at the hands of Lord Rama symbolizes the victory of truth over untruth. It is a celebration of the victory of good over evil. Because of this, Dussehra is celebrated every year on the tenth day of Shukla Paksha of Ashwin month. The purpose of celebrating Dussehra every year is to give the message of truth, religion, and goodness to the people. Difficulties will come in walking on the path of truth, but in the end, victory will be his only, so one should never deviate from the path of truth. The message of making yourself good by removing the evils inside you is also hidden in Dussehra.
How to Celebrate the Dussehra festival?
On the day of Dussehra, huge effigies of Ravana, Kumbhakarna and Indrajit are made. They are filled with firecrackers. These effigies are quite big in appearance. In the same way, evil is also great. In the evening, these effigies are set on fire. The effigies are burnt to ashes due to the burning of firecrackers. In the same way, when good increases, then great evil also ends like these effigies. The festival of Dussehra ends with Ravana Dahan. The Ram Leelas, which are staged for 10 days in Navratri, end on Dussehra.