The Ghana World Cup 2022 squad has been reported, with supervisor Otto Addo uncovering the full rundown of 26 players the Dark Stars will be taking to Qatar.
How has the most vulnerable Ghana group in 15 years, who completed lower part of their Africa Cup of Countries bunch this year in the wake of losing to the Comoros, actually figured out how to meet all requirements for a World Cup?
Karma, coarseness and Otto Addo’s amazing training since expecting sole charge in February, that is the ticket. Exceptionally skilled yet extremely unpracticed, this Dark Stars outfit are the most erratic of Africa’s five groups in Qatar: they could play unimaginably or splat stupendously.
To play staggeringly, Ghana should jump to the great pieces. The 1-1 play-off attract Nigeria to get capability gave indications of a promising, reasonable unit under previous Borussia Dortmund player and collaborator Addo – before then, at that point, Ghana looked like an assortment of people as they changed from the Asamoah Gyan period. They’ll have to put January’s disastrous AFCON show behind them, as well, having taken quite recently a solitary point from games against Morocco, Gabon and the Comoros.
There are a few new faces in the squad, however, which ought to reenergise the side. Bilbao-conceived one-cap Spain global Inaki Williams is a late expansion to the World Cup squad, following 34-year-old Denis Odoi, who changed his loyalty from Belgium in time for Spring’s end of the season games. Tariq Lamptey of Brighton and Mohammed Salisu of Southampton made their Dark Stars debuts in September, as well.
Ghana should depend on the injury-inclined Thomas Partey remaining fit for any likelihood of coming out on top, notwithstanding. Substitutions are elusive, and the Stockpile man is fundamental for them to murmur.
This will be Ghana’s fourth appearance at the World Cup. The Dark Stars made their presentation in 2006, when they arrived at the round of 16. The 2010 release saw Ghana arrive at the quarter-finals and get inside a bristle of the last four.
Ghana have been brought into Gathering H of the Qatar World Cup 2022, and are set to play Uruguay, Portugal and South Korea.
Who is Ghana’s best player?
At only 22, Mohammed Kudus has scarcely scratched the roof of his capacity. The Chief Association target is a playmaker who has found with Ajax this season that he’s likewise a misleading nine and an unadulterated goalscorer, providing his supervisors with the interesting undertaking of working out how best to utilize Ghana’s most brilliant possibility since Kwadwo Asamoah of Juventus.
What number of players are Ghana permitted to take to the 2022 World Cup?
Public chiefs were permitted to carry 26 players to the previous summer’s European Title interestingly at a significant competition, as an extraordinary measure got because of the Coronavirus pandemic – while last year’s Copa America permitted squads of 28 players.
Presently it has been declared that 26-player squads will return for the Qatar World Cup, an extension from the typical 23-man groups.
Ghana World Cup 2022 squad: The final 26-man team
- GK: Lawrence Ati-Zigi (St. Gallen)
- GK: Abdul Manaf Nurudeen (Eupen)
- GK: Ibrahim Danlad (Asante Kotoko)
- DF: Daniel Amartey (Leicester)
- DF: Abdul-Rahman Baba (Reading)
- DF: Alexander Djiku (Strasbourg)
- DF: Joseph Aidoo (Celta Vigo)
- DF: Gideon Mensah (Bordeaux)
- DF: Denis Odoi (Club Brugge)
- DF: Tariq Lamptey (Brighton)
- DF: Alidu Seidu (Clermont)
- DF: Mohammed Salisu (Southampton)
- MF: Mohammed Kudus (Ajax)
- MF: Thomas Partey (Arsenal)
- MF: Andre Ayew (Al Saad)
- MF: Elisha Owusu (Gent)
- MF: Daniel-Kofi Kyereh (St Pauli)
- MF: Daniel Afriyie Barnieh (Hearts of Oak)
- MF: Salis Abdul Samed (Lens)
- FW: Antoine Semenyo (Bristol City)
- FW: Abdul Fatawu Issahaku (Sporting CP)
- FW: Jordan Ayew (Crystal Palace)
- FW: Kamaldeen Sulemana (Rennes)
- FW: Osman Bukari (Red Star Belgrade)
- FW: Felix Afena-Gyan (Roma)
- FW: Inaki Williams (Athletic Bilbao)
- FW: Kamal Sowah (Club Brugge)