Guru Nanak Dev Jayanti 2022: Every year on Kartik Purnima, the birthday of Guru Nanak Dev is celebrated as Prakash Parv. This time this festival is on Tuesday, November 8. On this day special events and worship are done in every Gurudwara.
Guru Nanak Dev was the founder of Sikhism. His birth anniversary is celebrated every year on Kartik Purnima as Prakash Parv (Prakash Parv 2022). It is also called Guru Parv. This time this festival will be celebrated on Tuesday, November 8. On this day people of Sikh religion take out processions and Guruvani is recited in Gurudwaras. Thousands of people are fed food in langars. Know further some special things related to Guru Nanak Dev.
1. Guru Nanak Dev’s father’s name was Mehta Kaluchand Khatri and mother’s name was Tripta Devi. He also had a sister, whose name was Nanaki.
2. Guru Nanak Dev ji was also married, his wife’s name was Sulakshini. They had two sons, one son’s name was Srichand and the other son’s name was Lakshmidas.
3. They were named at a place called Talwandi in Punjab, which is now in Pakistan. Later this place was named Nankana Sahib.
4. During his lifetime, Guru Nanak Dev made many trips to countries like India, Arabia, Persia, Pakistan etc.
5. Guru Nanak Dev was a staunch opponent of superstitions and vandals from the very beginning. That’s why he founded the ostentatious free Sikh religion.
6. Guru Nanak Dev was a great philosopher, social reformer, poet, householder, yogi and patriot. He was also openly opposed to caste.
7. To bring a sense of harmony among the people, he started the langar system, where everyone can sit and have food without any discrimination.
8. Guru Nanak Dev believed in worshiping one God as opposed to idol worship. This is called the Nirguna Bhakti stream.
9. The hymns which Guru Nanak Dev used to sing full of devotion have been collected in the Guru Granth Sahib.
10. Guru Nanak Dev Ji died in 1539 in Kartarpur, this place is now in Pakistan. He declared Baba Lahna as his successor, who later came to be known as Angaddev.