Belgian Thibaut Courtois, decisive in Real Madrid’s march to the La Liga – Champions League double last season, won the Yachine Trophy for best goalkeeper on Monday at the Ballon d’Or ceremony.
— Ballon d'Or #ballondor (@francefootball) October 17, 2022
Thibaut Courtois can parade. The Belgian won the Yachine trophy on Monday, awarded to goalkeepers at the France Football 2022 Ballon d’Or ceremony, for which he finished in seventh place. A reward that crowns a splendid 2022 season.
Courtois, 30, 54 goals conceded in 57 matches, had a very high-flying season, proving decisive both in winning La Liga and winning the 2021-2022 Champions League. He is the goalkeeper who has made the most saves during this European campaign (59), and has signed 23 clean sheets.
This individual award is added to an already huge list of winners (three Spanish Championships, two in England, one in Belgium; a C1, a Club World Cup, among others), to which only one consecration is missing. in selection for the Belgian, who succeeds Gianluigi Donnarumma, distinguished last year for his role in the Italian victory at the Euro.
Frenchman Mike Maignan, Italian champion with AC Milan and tied for 25th in the Ballon d’Or ranking, finished 5th. Hugo Lloris, holder with the Blues and Tottenham, is 10th.
The full ranking
1. Thibaut Courtois (30, BEL; Real Madrid)
2. Alisson Becker (30, BRÉ; Liverpool)
3. Ederson (29, BRÉ; Manchester City)
4. Edouard Mendy (30, SEN; Chelsea)
5 Mike Maignan (27, FRA; AC Milan)
6. Kevin Trapp (32, GER; Eintracht Frankfurt)
7. Manuel Neuer (36, GER; Bayern Munich)
8. Jan Oblak (29, SLN; Atlético de Madrid)
9. Yassine Bounou (31, MAR; Sevilla FC)
10. Hugo Lloris (35, FRA; Tottenham)