Annapurna Bhandar Scheme: Government Assures Eligible Applicants of Payments
Annapurna Bhandar Scheme beneficiaries and applicants have received an assurance from the West Bengal government that eligible women will not be deprived of financial assistance because of delays in verification.
The state government on Monday sought to address concerns over the welfare scheme, alleging that rumours and misinformation were creating confusion among applicants.
At a press conference at Nabanna marking 100 days of the new government, Minister of State for Health Sumona Sarkar said around 1.80 crore applications had been received for the Annapurna Bhandar scheme within slightly more than three months of its launch.
Of these, around 1.45 crore women have already been included in the scheme, according to the minister.
Annapurna Bhandar Payment Schedule
The government said the current payment process will continue from August 17 to August 20.
Applicants whose forms were submitted by July 10 and whose verification has been completed are expected to receive the financial assistance during this period.
Minister Sumona Sarkar assured eligible applicants that delays in payment would not mean that they would lose their benefits.
Payments for Verified Applicants
Women whose applications have successfully completed the verification process will be included in the payment process, officials said.
The Women and Child Development Department has also assured applicants that payments that have not yet been credited will be processed for eligible beneficiaries once the required verification is complete.
Applications Submitted After July 11 Under Verification
Applications submitted after July 11 are still undergoing scrutiny, according to the government.
The verification process for these applications is expected to continue until September.
Once the verification process is completed, applicants found eligible will also receive the benefits of the Annapurna Bhandar Scheme, officials said.
Women and Child Development Department Secretary Moumita Godara said applications would not be rejected simply because verification was still pending.
Eligibility Remains the Key Requirement
According to the department, applicants whose verification is completed and who meet the eligibility criteria will receive the financial assistance.
The government has therefore urged applicants to wait for the verification process instead of relying on unverified information circulating about the scheme.
Around 17 Lakh Applications Pending
The department said approximately 17 lakh applications are currently pending.
Of these, nearly 10 lakh applications have reportedly been held up because of discrepancies or mismatches involving Aadhaar-related information.
The government is expected to continue examining such applications as part of the verification process.
Applicants whose details require correction or clarification will have an opportunity to raise their concerns through the mechanism being introduced by the state.
Claim and Objection Portal to Open on August 19
A major development for applicants is the proposed launch of a Claim and Objection portal on August 19.
The portal will allow applicants whose forms have not yet been accepted to understand the reason for the delay or non-acceptance.
Eligible applicants will also be able to submit claims or objections through the Social Registry portal.
Applicants Can Raise Objections
The new mechanism is expected to provide applicants with greater clarity regarding the status of their applications.
Instead of relying on rumours or informal information, applicants will be able to use the designated system to understand issues with their forms and submit relevant claims or objections.
Verification Expected to Continue Through September
According to the government, verification of applications submitted after July 10 is expected to continue through September.
The department has indicated that the process will be completed before further action is taken on these applications.
Eligible applicants whose verification is successfully completed will then be considered for the scheme's benefits.
Fresh Applications May Reopen After Verification
The government also said that once the pending verification process is completed, the portal will be reopened for fresh applications.
This means individuals who could not apply during the earlier application period may get another opportunity after the current verification exercise concludes.
However, the timing and details of the reopening will depend on the government's administrative process.
Government Appeals Against Rumours
The government has appealed to applicants not to be misled by rumours or misinformation regarding the Annapurna Bhandar Scheme.
Officials reiterated that eligible beneficiaries would not be denied financial assistance merely because their applications are still undergoing verification.
The administration has also sought to reassure applicants that the verification process is intended to determine eligibility and address discrepancies rather than automatically exclude pending applications.
What Applicants Should Know
Applicants waiting for their Annapurna Bhandar benefits should keep the following points in mind:
Applications submitted by July 10 with completed verification are scheduled for payment between August 17 and August 20.
Applications submitted after July 11 remain under scrutiny.
Verification of pending applications is expected to continue through September.
Around 17 lakh applications are currently pending, according to the department.
Nearly 10 lakh applications are reportedly affected by Aadhaar-related mismatches.
A Claim and Objection portal is scheduled to open on August 19.
Applicants will be able to raise claims or objections through the Social Registry portal.
Fresh applications may be invited again after the verification process is completed.
Annapurna Bhandar Scheme: What Happens Next?
The next major phase of the Annapurna Bhandar Scheme will focus on completing verification of pending applications and addressing discrepancies in application records.
The government's assurance is aimed at reducing uncertainty among applicants who have not yet received payments.
With a large number of applications still under scrutiny, the September verification deadline will be an important milestone for applicants awaiting a decision.
The West Bengal government has sought to reassure applicants of the Annapurna Bhandar Scheme that eligible beneficiaries will receive their financial assistance after completing the required verification process.
Payments for verified applications submitted by July 10 are scheduled between August 17 and August 20,while later applications will continue to undergo scrutiny through September.
The upcoming Claim and Objection portal is also expected to give applicants a formal avenue to understand delays and raise concerns. The government has urged beneficiaries to rely on official information and not be influenced by rumours surrounding the welfare scheme.