≈ 28°C Kolkata Saturday, August 22, 2026
LATEST NEWS
Union Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal interacted with industry leaders, founders, and CEOs during the 15th edition of FICCI Massmerize. The minister engaged with prominent voices from the FMCG, retail, and consumer sectors, discussing key industry priorities and growth opportunities. He encouraged businesses to embrace innovation, strengthen export capabilities, support local enterprises, and compete confidently in global markets, reaffirming the government's commitment to fostering | Goa CM Pramod Sawant Calls on Amit Shah in New Delhi | Cricket: Ruturaj Gaikwad’s century helps India A beat Sri Lanka A by 8 runs in tri-series opener in Dambulla. | China's Xi Jinping starts a two-day trip to North Korea, pledging closer ties with Kim Jong Un in his first Pyongyang visit since 2019. | Ashwini Vaishnaw Promises New Era for Kolkata Metro with 60 Modern Trains |

Jannik Sinner Withdraws From US Open Due to Knee Injury

By Editorial Team
Italian tennis star Jannik Sinner during a tennis match

Italian tennis star Jannik Sinner has announced that he will not compete at this year’s US Open as he continues to recover from a right knee issue.

Sinner said he made the difficult decision after returning to the court with his team and medical staff in Monte Carlo over the past few days. The sessions helped determine that he still needs additional time before returning to competitive action.

“Even though I have been working hard with my team and my medical staff, we have now had to make the difficult decision that I will not be able to compete at the US Open this year,” Sinner said in a social media post.

The Italian star expressed his disappointment at missing the tournament, highlighting his strong connection with New York and the US Open fans.

Sinner added that he had been looking forward to returning to the tournament and competing in front of the “electric atmosphere” at the US Open.

His withdrawal will be a major setback for the tournament, with fans now set to miss one of the leading names in men’s tennis. Sinner will instead focus on making a full recovery before returning to competition.

Share this article