The South Korea World Cup 2022 squad has been declared by chief Paulo Bento, with the 26-man squad including Child Heung-min as the headliner.
Just Brazil, Germany, Argentina and Spain have a more extended whole World Cup finals appearance streak than South Korea’s 10.
Drawn with Portugal, Ghana and Uruguay in Gathering H of the Qatar World Cup 2022, the Taegeuk Champions will be confident of making the knockouts, yet a not terrible, but not great either qualifying effort and a few stressing exhibitions from that point forward have gotten a lot of concern Seoul. The Asian stalwart should be at their best, however their best has been worryingly missing during ongoing years.
However, they should expect greater difficulties than the ones they looked during qualifying. South Korea had exclusively to complete above Lebanon, Iraq, Syria and the Assembled Bedouin Emirates, and with every one of those four focusing on guard, capability was never in uncertainty. After a sluggish beginning, exhibitions improved and a first win against Iran beginning around 2011 was gladly received – yet generally it was a long way from the test they required.
They have a good spine: Napoli’s Kim Min-jae is immensely persuasive, in the event that he remains fit, and there are a lot of midfield choices to play behind the top notch Child Heung-min in assault. Their speed proceeding ought to create some issues.
They actually don’t have the foggiest idea how to get the best out of Child, while different aggressors, for example, Wolves’ Hwang Hee-chan (left) and Hwang Ui-jo go back and forth. South Korea are likewise powerless protectively and a 5-1 gubbing by Brazil in June was stunning in the space that was stood to the five-time title holders. A 3-0 loss to old opponents Japan in July simply added to the despair.
South Korea will show up On the planet Cup finals for the tenth time in succession. The Asian goliaths organized a significant shock at the 2018 World Cup by disposing of reigning champs Germany 2-0.
The conflict currently called “The Supernatural occurrence on Kazan” is quite possibly of the most significant success in South Korea’s set of experiences, albeit the Asian monsters completed third in the gathering stages and couldn’t come to the knockout stages notwithstanding disturbing Germany.
They will be among the longshots in the Qatar World Cup. The group has pulled off various shocks previously. With Child fit, he might be a considerable enemy.
South Korea World Cup 2022 squad: The final 26-man team
- GK: Kim Seung-gyu (Al-Shabab)
- GK: Jo Hyeon-woo (Ulsan Hyundai)
- GK: Song Bum-keun (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)
- DF: Kim Young-gwon (Ulsan Hyundai)
- DF: Kim Jin-su (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)
- DF: Hong Chul (Daegu FC)
- DF: Kim Min-jae (Napoli)
- DF: Kwon Kyung-won (Gamba Osaka)
- DF: Kim Moon-hwan (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)
- DF: Kim Tae-hwan (Ulsan Hyundai)
- DF: Cho Yu-min (Daejon Hana Citizen)
- DF: Yoon Jong-gyu (FC Seoul)
- MF: Jung Woo-young (Al-Sadd)
- MF: Lee Jae-sung (Mainz)
- MF: Hwang Hee-chan (Wolves)
- MF: Kwon Chang-hoon (Gimcheon Sangmu)
- MF: Hwang In-beom (Olympiacos)
- MF: Na Sang-ho (FC Seoul)
- MF: Son Jun-ho (Shandong Taishan)
- MF: Paik Seung-ho (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)
- MF: Jeong Woo-yeong (Freiburg)
- MF: Lee Kang-in (Mallorca)
- MF: Song Min-kyu (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)
- FW: Son Heung-min (Tottenham)
- FW: Hwang Ui-jo (Olympiacos)
- FW: Cho Gue-sung (Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors)